Beginning Thursday, October 1st, 2020 through Friday, November 6th, 2020, all branches of Arundel Federal Savings Bank will be collecting food donations for local pantries to support our communities this holiday season. During the Food Drive, collection boxes will be available in the lobbies of all six Arundel Federal branches: Annapolis, Brooklyn, Gambrills, Glen Burnie, Pasadena, and Severna Park.
“Everyone has something to be thankful for this time of year no matter how big or small it may be. Here at Arundel Federal, we’re reminded just how lucky we are to be able to serve our great communities day in and day out, along with seeing the direct results of our efforts. We’re especially thankful for our generous customers who help us provide for the less fortunate year after year during the holiday season,” said Tom Herpel CEO.
This year’s donations will once again go to a variety of organizations including the North County Emergency Out Reach Network (NCEON); Heritage Baptist Church; Severna Park based SPAN (Serving People Across Neighborhoods), the Pasadena Business Association and local pantries. View branch locations and hours.
According to SPAN, these are some of the food basket items needed for the holidays:
- Canned goods: gravy, corn, green beans, yams, fruit, cranberry sauce, sauerkraut, pumpkin filling
- Boxed goods: stuffing, mashed potatoes, muffin mix, pie crust
- Canned proteins: tuna, salmon, chicken, beans, peanut butter
- Dairy: shelf-stable milk, evaporated milk, infant formula
- Fruits and juices: (in light syrup or its own juices) fruit cocktail, applesauce, juice boxes Pasta and rice: brown and white rice, macaroni and cheese, pasta
- Soups and stew: (low sodium) beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, vegetable, turkey and rice
- Foods not accepted: perishables