With the release of the new Avidia Mobile app, now would be a good time to discuss ways to keep mobile banking safe. Even though information is encrypted through Avidia Mobile, it’s beneficial to enact some best practices to keep information safe on your mobile device.
Here are some tips to keep your information safe when you use Avidia Mobile:
- Password protect your phone by enabling the use of a passcode when you take your phone out of sleep mode.
- Make sure you do not use universal usernames and passwords like ones you use for other online accounts such as Facebook, Gmail, Linkedin and more.
- Make sure your passwords are not easily guessable.
- “Log out” of your Avidia Mobile app when you are done. Even though the app closes when you press your home button, it is still a good practice to log out completely.
- Avidia Bank will never contact you via phone call or text and ask you to login to your mobile app or ask for account verification. Please contact the bank if you receive such notices.
There are other things you can do to keep your phone safe:
- Make sure an app that you are downloading is from a reputable developer. Also, verify what information the app is requesting to access such as your contacts, location and photos.
- Do not click on any link in a text message from an unknown source. Delete if necessary.
- Take the proper measures to make sure that if you should lose your phone or if it is stolen that you can locate it through a tracking app and remote in to erase any important information.
- If you use Bluetooth, make sure your phone is in non-discoverable mode so that unwanted downloads are not able to access your phone.
As always, Avidia Mobile is safe to use over your mobile device. Your information is encrypted in the same manner as our Internet Banking product. Just always remember to never store your PIN numbers to these Apps on your phone.
If you ever have any questions about the safety of Avidia Mobile, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-508-2265.