Did you know February is Heart Health month? Did you know that Cardiovascular disease (CVD) accounts for approximately 800,000 deaths in the United States, or one out of every three deaths? That’s why we decided to have a Be Heart Healthy Event last Friday. Thanks to all who came and checked out our event where they enjoyed the following activities:
- Free blood pressure screenings from Samuel Rodgers
- Free cholesterol screenings from Samuel Rodgers
- CPR/Heart healthy tips from the American Heart Association
- Kansas City Parks and Recreation table
- Delicious healthy smoothies made by Samuel Rodgers Health Center
- Prize Wheel and snacks at the Central Bank table
- Lunch and Learn on Heart Health (nurse at Sam Rodgers)
- Prizes(6) donated by KC Parks and Recreation, Samuel Rodgers and Central Bank of KC
Want to learn more about how to be heart healthy? Check out the American Heart Association’s website.
Thanks to Samuel Rodgers Health Center for setting up the blood pressure and cholesterol screenings and everything else you did to make this event a success! These screenings are so important for everyone, and some even set up follow up appointments at the doctor after their screenings.
Thanks to the American Heart Association of Kansas City for not only teaching an early morning CPR lesson to the staff, but also staying during our event and showing our customers how to administer CPR on someone. Thanks to Kansas City Parks and Recreation for sharing with everyone how important exercise is to your heart health.
Besides all the fun activities, we also raised money for the American Heart Association in February with staff and customers. We raised a total of $500 including a donation from the bank. Hopefully we can make this an annual event so those who missed it this year can attend next year! Thanks for your participation!