On March 19, 1934, roughly fifty courageous and committed business people put up personal monies to invest and capitalize County National Bank. The initial $60,000 investment has grown to over $30,000,000, truly an entrepreneurial success story for our free enterprise system. Beyond the growth of the initial investment, CNB’s role in promoting commerce and prosperity to our local communities has been historic, and our past and present shareholders can take pride in their important role in this story.
County National Bank operated in the city of Hillsdale until July 1, 1962, when expansion began by merging with the Grosvenor State Bank in Jonesville. To further expand services to the market area, a full-time trust department was added in 1976.
In April of 1991, the bank acquired the Hudson office of Standard Federal Bank. Four more offices were acquired from Republic Bank in 1997 in Litchfield, Somerset Center, Hanover, and Spring Arbor. Growth continued in 1999 with the acquisition of the Homer office of Citizens Bank.